What Is L-Glutamic Acid?
L-glutamic acid is a nonessential amino acid that is used in nearly all living things in the biosynthesis of proteins. L-glutamic acid is often used as a food seasoning, because it is recognized for its savory, umami flavor and its ability to enhance the flavors of otherwise bland dishes.
L-Glutamic Acid Benefits †
L-glutamic acid is commonly used as a food seasoning to add a savory flavor and to enhance the flavor of otherwise bland dishes. It is also useful as part of a pre-workout or post-workout regimen, as helps boost athletic endurance and aid workout recovery. L-glutamic acid also supports digestive health and aids brain function.
- Savory food seasoning & food flavor enhancer
- Boosts athletic endurance & aids workout recovery
- Helps build muscle strength
- Supports the digestive system
- Promotes healthy brain function